ATTENDANCE: Please be ready to start your lesson on time, and if you are running a little late, please let me know. Our time together goes quickly, so it is best for everyone that we are able to make the most of it. I encourage new students to study for at least one term. If you decide to stop lessons, please let me know before the school holidays of the current term, for timetabling and planning purposes.
PAYMENT: Payments will be billed to the preferred address (email is best for me!) at the beginning of each term and are required by the due date stated on the invoice. However, I am more than happy for you to contact me to make alternate arrangements. It is important that I receive payments on time, so if I have not heard from you to make alternate arrangements, a $20 late fee will be added to payments received after the due date.
A term of lessons must be committed to even if a student is paying weekly. For a new student this policy does not apply for the first two lessons, however from the third lesson the rest of the term is committed to.
I will assume a student is continuing from term to term. If a student intends to stop lessons in the following term, I must be notified by the last day of the current term. After this date, a $30 fee will be charged to cover time spent on lesson planning.
- Bank deposit (best option!): Liz Conway ANZ 01-0906-0151227-46
- Cheque: Made out to “Liz Conway”
- Cash: in a marked envelope
For individual lessons:
- If you have a valid, excusable reason for missing a lesson and let me know more than 24 hours in advance, I will try to provide an alternate time for your lesson. However, this may not always be possible. It is best to attend your scheduled lesson or make alternate arrangements at the beginning of the term when the timetable is finalised.
- If a student is sick or has another valid*, excusable reason, but notifies me less than 24 hours before their lesson, I will try to reschedule the lesson. However, if the lesson cannot be rescheduled, a portion of the lesson fee will not be refunded ($10), as I am often not able to fill the student’s lesson slot.
- If a lesson is missed without a valid reason the lesson fee will not be refunded.
- Students may have up to 2 excused lessons within a term unless alternate arrangements have been made prior to the commencement of the term. At the end of the term any excused lessons exceeding 2 will not be refunded or credited to the following term.
For paired or group lessons:
- There will be no refund for missed lessons. For the sake of the other group members, it is important I am notified if a student is going to miss the lesson.
- If most (or all) of the students are unable to attend the lesson due to a valid reason*, I will endeavour to offer an alternate time. However, I must be notified at least 24 hours in advance and a change of time is not guaranteed.
*Valid reasons include sickness, school events, class trips, and tests. Family holidays and non-school events are not considered valid reasons unless arranged at the start of the school term.
PRACTICE: Practise regularly! It is far more beneficial to practise each day than a big long session the night before your lesson.
Students: I want you to be learning and studying music that excites and engages you. Please let me know if you feel I can cater more specifically to your needs. I want you to be inspired and have fun!
Parents: Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I would appreciate direct contact rather than through the student to avoid any miscommunication.
These policies may be updated from time to time. You will be notified of any changes. By starting lessons you agree to the above policies, so please make sure you are familiar with them.